Community Games FAQs
The Community Games motto: Mens sana in corpore sano
is a famous Latin quotation, translated as "a healthy mind in a healthy body" or "a sound mind in a sound body".
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games U-13 1200m Cross Country competitions for boys & girls were held on Sat 8th Mar in Lees Rd complex Ennis. A large number of children from many areas across the County took part. The first five boys & five girls will make up the county team to participate in the National Finals in Athlone in August. There was also a team event in each category. The U-10 Cross Country Relays for boys & girls were also held on Sat in Lees Rd. The standard in all these competitions was extremely high.
Mixed U-13 1200m County Cross Country Team
Grainne Lynch, Miltown Malbay
Daniela Svensson, Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor
Sinead Lillis, Cooraclare/Cree
Amy Sexton, Kilmurry/Ibrickane
Lucy Flanagan, Miltown Malbay
Ben Whelehan, Miltown Malbay
Cathal McKeogh, Killaloe
Cillian O’Malley, Miltown Malbay
Ronan Donnellan, Kilrush
Fintan Caulfield, Tulla
Girls U-13 Cross Country Team Event
- Gold – Miltown Malbay: Grainne Lynch, Lucy Flanagan, Meabh O’Malley, Aine Talty.
- Silver – Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly: Chloe Neylon, Sarah NiCheallaigh, Jodie Cahill, Ciara Hurley.
- Bronze – Cooraclare/Cree: Sinead Lillis, Laura Quinlivan, Niamh Conlon, Kate O’Neill.
- Certs – Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor: Daniela Svensson, Shona McDonagh, Abby McDonagh, Orthlaith Considine.
Boys U-13 Cross Country Team Event
- Gold – Miltown Malbay: Ben Whelehan, Cillian O’Malley, Paul Keane, Eoin Cleary.
- Silver – Sixmilebridge/Kilmurry: Ferdia O’Lionain, Daragh Twomey, Stephen Madigan, Adam O’Sullivan.
- Bronze – Derg: Cathal McKeogh, Pearse Mooney, Rowan Keane, Caolan Doyle.
- Certs – Cooraclare/Cree: Ronan Donnellan, Brian McNamara, Michael O’Connell, Padraig Browne.
Girls U10 Relay 4x250m
- Gold – Ennis, St. Johns: Ava Rochford, Holly O’Boyle, Amelia Malice, Ruth Leydon.
- Silver – Ruan: Neasa Ni Ainifein, Neasa Ni Lachtnain, Aoife Anderson, Aisling Moloney.
- Bronze –Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly: Caoimhe Cahill, Aisling Healy, Michelle Healy, Olivia Neylon, Laura Hayes.
- Certs – Clarecastle/Ballyea: Aoife O’Brien, Aoife Burke, Aimee Barrett, Roisin Talty.
Boys U10 Relay 4x250m
- Gold – Ennis, St. Johns: Cian O’Boyle, Samuel Olafe, William Bello, Fuhad Akinwale.
- Silver – Ballynacally/Lissycasey: Shane Culligan, Conor Meaney, Fionn Cotter, Darragh Kileen, Daire Culligan.
- Bronze – Doora/Barefield: Eoin Lahiffe, Martin Frawley, Daire Connolly, Tom Curran.
- Certs – Quin/Clooney: Jack O’Neill, Niall Murphy, Sam Scanlon, Dannon Fox.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games Tag Rugby competition was held today in St. Flannans, Ennis on Sunday 2nd March under very wet and windy conditions with play being stopped during one game due the very heavy rain. The U11 was a round robin competition whilst the U14 was a straight final. Good luck to the finalists in the Munster Finals in July.
U11 Mixed Tag Rugby
- Gold - Quin/Clooney: Fionn O'Sullivan, Cormac Egan, Oisin McMahon, Jack O'Neill, Tadhg McInerney, Orna Moynihan, Niall Murphy, Lauren Wall, Noah McConway, Eoin McCarthy, Darren Frain, Aidan Keating.
- Silver - Newmarket-on-Fergus: Jane Walsh, Ellen Casey, Abbygeile Carrig, Adam Enright, Seamus Quinn, Shane Reale, Sean Duggan, Mark Kelly, David Gilbert, Sean Russel, Jack Haverty, Jessie Carrig.
- Bronze - Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly: Diarmuid Cahill, Fionn O'Connor, Colin Carmody, Grace Carmody, Kieran Daniels, Ciadh Reynolds, Cian Neylon, Jake Queally, Colm Killeen, Jack Warren, Josh Daniels.
U14 Mixed Tag Rugby
- Gold - Quin/Clooney: Ronan Wall, Ulick O'Sullivan, Oisin Egan, Eoghan O'Brien, David Barbotin, Alex McConway, Shane Harrisson, Eimear Moynihan, Ellie Rochford, Martin Frain, Donagh O'Sullivan, Sinead McGee.
- Silver - Crusheen/Ballinruan/Tubber: Johanna Fogarty, Laura Leonard, Oisin O'Donnell, Jack Rodgers, Murrough McMahon, Evan Monnickendam, Ryan Venus, Patrick Browne, Dylan Lyons, Diarmuid Mullins, Ian O'Brien, Tadhg Dean.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games County Draughts competition took place today, 1st March, in St Joseph's School Tulla. Best of luck to the winning teams in the Munster Finals on 5th July. The results are as follows: -
- Gold - Tulla: Michael Hayes, Fionn Ryan, Leon Delaney, Rory O'Sullivan, Tadhg Floyd, James Donnellan, Molly Sweeney.
- Silver - Quin/Clooney: Ethan O'Gorman, Isaac Howard, Dave Guilfoyle, Daniel Meehan, Daragh Molloy, Jack O'Neill.
- Bronze - Quin/Clooney: Niall Murphy, Tadhg McInerney, Cormac O'Keeffe, Enda O'Halloran, Daire Meehan.
- Certs - Tulla: Laura Nolan, Ali McCarthy, Conor McCarthy, Jessica O'Donoghue, Leah McInerney, Cathal Culloo, Sean Collins.
- Gold - Tulla: Stephen Moloney, Darragh Ryan, Shane O'Donoghue, Jennifer Nicholas, Eabha McInerney, Eoin Donnellan, Wiktor Murphy.
- Silver - Ennis, St. Johns: Rodney Agbaja, Ailbhe Doherty, William Zhu, Alice Cullinane, James Lyne, Ben Harnett.
- Bronze - An Droichead: Martin Howard, Jessica Whelan, Darragh Moloney, Derry Devine, Ben Murrane, Joe Howard, Oran Keenehan.
- Certs - Quin/Clooney: Ella Taylor, Noah McConway, Eoin Guilfoyle, Pauric Cleary, Dean Murphy, Eoin Lynch.
- Gold - Ennis, St. Johns: Manus Doherty, Tara McInernery, David McNicholas, Nathan Stackpoole, Brian Downey, Ronan O'Connell.
- Silver - Tulla: Ronan McGrath, Evan Hassett, Alex O'Sullivan, Orna Mulconroy, Lucas Donlon, Eanna Culloo, Kate McCarthy.
- Bronze - Killaloe: Adam Geraghty, Eoin Geraghty, Tony Seymour, Lynda Daly, Rachel Daly.
- Certs - Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly: Ciara Hurley, Ellis Cahill, Chloe Chapman, Tomas O'Halloran, David Neylon.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games Project competition took place in Sixmilebridge National School on Wednesday 26th Feb. Many thanks to Co-ordinator, Mary McNamara, assisted by Mary Lenihan; to Sixmilebridge School and especially to Judges from Limerick: Donna Fitzgerald, Emma Dillane, Caitlin & Shona Coultry. There were 10 x U11 projects and 8 x U13 projects, total of about 55 participants in all, and the standard was extremely high, both in terms of the displays and the enthusiasm and knowledge of the participants. So the judges had a difficult task on the night and complemented all the children on their hard work. The U13 "Role of the Internet" theme obviously inspired the entrants and the majority of the U11s opted for the "My County" theme, over the "Endangered Animals" one – inspired no doubt the Clare's success in the All Ireland. The Gold medal winners in each group go forward to represent Clare in the National Finals in August.
Click on photo to scroll through image gallery.
- Quin/Clooney (My County): Tadgh McInerney, Noah Doherty, Padraig Cleary, David Considine.
- Cratloe (Endangered Animals – Giant Panda): Zoe Dunworth, Eimear Nugent.
- Quin/Clooney (Endangered Animals – Red Panda): Liam Flynn, Eoin McCarthy.
- Doora/Barefield (My County): Cillian Fox, Jack Moran, Michael Nash; and Cratloe (My County): Ciara O'Brien, Jane O'Brien, Jennifer Hall.
- Quin/Clooney: Amie Louise Doherty, Rebeca Keane, Catherine Cleary, Niamh O'Loughlin.
- Cratloe: Mia Quain, Fiona Crowe, Amy Higgins, Jody O'Halloran.
- O'Callaghan's Mills/Kilkishen/Oatfield: Kayleigh Bentley, Eimear Whitney, Megan Hayes, Tamara Klinkenburg.
- Quin/Clooney: Ben Catlow, Aoife Brassil, Chantelle McDonagh.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games calendar of events for 2014 is summarised below. Dates, venues and times are subject to change. Please note the following: -
2014 Panel Forms are available from the main Community Games Download Centre and entry fees should be submitted to the County Executive using the PDF or Excel form provided. Competition entry fees remain €2 per participant. There will be an adult gate charge at the athletics county finals in June 2014. Children no longer have to sign the Panel Sheets - it is the responsibility of area secretary to confirm identity, date of birth and address.
Please note new 2014 rules.
Areas who have qualified for Munster or National, must make sure they get all necessary birth certs and paperwork to Mary Loughnane, County Secretary, within 7 days of County Competition.
Remember that the cut-off date for Community Games is 31st July 2014 (i.e. participant must be under the age on 31st July). There are also minimum age limits for somecompetitions, so please take note of these in the rule book! Note that the lower age limit has been removed from the following events: Chess, Draughts, Choir, Quiz, Culture Corner, Handwriting, Debating, Variety, Projects, Talent & Model making.
There is no longer any May National Festival. All National Finals take place over 2 weekends in August. Note the rule that at National Festival level, a competitor can only take part in one team event, one individual event plus one athletics relay/swimming squad event (cross country, marathon and mixed distance relays are classified as team events).
In exceptional circumstances a maximum of 2 team members may be replaced on teams qualified for nationals, but only where full panel form has been completed and valid reason(s) must be provided by county secretary.
Any errors, omissions etc. please Contact Us.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games U11 Handwriting Competition took place in St. Joseph's School, Tulla on Saturday 15th February. The standard was extremely high giving the co-ordinator Mary Moran and Goretti O'Dea the chairperson of the judging panel a very difficult task.
A very big thank you also to Niamh O'Gorman (Kilkishen) Lauren Reynolds (Quin) and Orlaith Nash (Clooney) who assisted in the classroom during the competition.
The first girl and boy have qualified for the National Festival in August. Medal and certificates will be available at the next county meeting on 4th March at 9pm in the West County Hotel.
1. Edel McNamara, Kilmihil
2. Orna Moynihan, Quin/Clooney
3. Meabh O’Grady, Newmarket-on-Fergus
4. Kiera Sharp, Tulla
1. Aaron Moroney, Newmarket-on-Fergus
2. Joshua Vaughan, Ennistymon/Lahinch/Liscannor
3. Matthew Boland, Kilkishen/O’Callaghans Mills
4. Gavin Hayes, Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly
VERY BIG ENTRIES AT ART AND MODEL MAKING FINALS
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games County Finals of the Art and Model Making Competitions, which were held at the Christian Brothers School, Ennis, on Saturday 8th Feb, attracted a very big entry with over three hundred competitors, from twenty-two Areas.
In the case of the Art Competition the Competitors had three hours, under supervision, to paint, draw, sketch or collage any Community Games activity. In the case of the Model Making Competitors they had to create, within three hours, a model out of any material which had to have a Community Games theme. The adjudication in both cases was based on Observation of events, Creativity and Originality, and Natural Ability.
The judges, Louise Houlihan, Clodagh Kelly and Siobhain Fawl had a difficult time selecting winners as the standard was extremely high. The County Co-Ordinator, Mrs Cecilia O'Sullivan, congratulated all the competitors for their efforts and participation and wished the winners every success at the National Finals in Athlone in August. She thanked the Judges, and all the Supervisors who helped to run off the Competition, the Area Secretaries and Teachers who promoted it locally, and Mr Darragh Glynn, Principal of Ennis C.B.S., for the use of the School.
The prizes will be presented to the Area Secretaries and Delegates at the next County Meeting on Tuesday, 4th March, at 9.00 p.m. Winners from each category will represent Clare in the National Community Games Festival in August.
See full Art Results and Model Making Results.
The munstergroup Insurance Clare Community Games Table Tennis competition was held in Ennis on Friday 31st January. The U13 Boys team from Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly (Kenneth Higgins, Enda Haren & Conor O'Rourke) are through to the Munsters.
Girls U13 Competition
- Ennis, St. Johns - Rhona Kearney, Edith Kearney, Emilia Kovale, Eimear Kilroy, Jane Hillery.
- An Droichead - Susan O'Shea, Molly Fennessy, Alice Gleeson, Katie Conlan, Vicky Costello.
The munstergroup Clare Community Games Girls U-13 Indoor Soccer competition took place on Sat 14th Dec in St Flannan’s College. Ten teams took part. The co ordinator was Flan Brennan. The standard was extremely high with some very close matches. Ennis St Johns “A” Were the winners after overcoming Parteen/St Nicholas, Quin/Clooney and in the final Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly by 1-0. They will now go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals.
Then on Sunday the 15th it was the competition for the boys. Fourteen teams took part which was a record entry. The standard was very high with some matches going to extra time. Inch/Kilmaley/Connolly were the eventual winners having beaten An Droichead “A”, Quin/Clooney, Cooraclare/Cree “A” & Parteen/St Nicholas. The final was a close encounter with a score of 3-2. They now go forward to represent Clare in the Munster finals.
The Boys & Girls U-10 Indoor Soccer competitions took place on Sat 11th Jan in St Flannan’s College. Once again co ordinated by Flan Brennan with help from Tony Mounsey & referees Trevor White & David McCarthy. In the boys event, Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda emerged as winners for the first time ever. In the Girls competition only three teams took part with Killaloe getting a bye to the final. The semi final was a tough fought battle between Clarecastle/Ballyea and Quin/Clooney with the Clarecastle/Ballyea girls coming out on top on a score of 4 -1. The final was a good match with the much stronger Clarecastle/Ballyea side winning 3-0.
Results U- 13 GIRLS
- Ennis St Johns “A”
Results U-13 Boys
- Parteen St Nicholas
- Cooraclare/Cree “A”
Results U-10 Boys
- Kilmurry McMahon/Labbasheeda – Jack McCarthy, Damian Downes, Luke Davis, Ethan McMahon, Josh Neary, Jack Kelleher, Mickey Burke.
- Ennis St Johns – Michael Akutobi, Conor Kilcawley, Evan White, Ronan Herbert, Denis Johnston, Cillian Hand, Jason Nevaigure, Kosi Agwueru.
- Killaloe “A” – Oisin Minogue, Tony Foley, Diarmuid Coleman, Luke Dillon, Cormac Byrne, Ciaran Rogers.
- Kilrush – Colin Wallace, Darragh McMahon, Mark Bonfield, Evan McGinnley, Tom Clancy, Harry O’Looney.
Results U-10 Girls
- Clarecastle/Ballyea – Sinead Collins, Fiona Breen, Aisling Costelloe, Fia Sheehan, Hannah Mai Neylon, Roisin Talty, Aoife Burke, Eimer Phelan.
- Killaloe – Lauren Arthur, Emily Byrne, Julie Eliot, Karen O’Mahoney, Rebecca Rogers.
- Quin/Clooney – Roisin O’Mullane, Holly Deegan, Anna Doyle, Sarah Manley, Lucy O’Donnell, Eva Rusk, Orla Moynihan, Hannah Clune.
munstergroup Clare Community Games Keep Clare Clean Awareness Project
The adjudication, exhibition and presentation of prizes of the Clare Community Games Keep Clare Awareness Project, sponsored by Clare County Council was held at the Civic Room, Waterpark House, Ennis on Friday evening last, 6th December. It attracted a very good entry from different Areas throughout the County.
The purpose of the Competition is to encourage young people to use their creativity and imagination to highlight the need and importance of keeping their Communities and County clean and free from all types of litter. The competition takes the form of a Poster or Poem and is confined to children from U/6 to U/14 and includes a Special Category.
More photos to follow...!
<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 2